Internship Assistant School Launcher
Assistant School Launcher
ABOUT ENKO EDUCATION
Enko Education is an Africa-wide fast-growing network of high quality international schools. The company has developed an innovative education model that prepares learners across Africa for admission to the world’s best universities institutions where Africa’s best and brightest are under-represented. Enko Education’s model relies on the (i) international curricular, mainly the International Baccalaureate programmes (‘IB’) and/or the Cambridge International Examinations (‘Cambridge); (ii) rich and superior learning experiences; and, (iii) a guidance counselling and university admissions programme. So far, most of Enko graduates have been admitted to Top-100 world schools, including Yale, King’s College, Imperial College London, Sciences Po Paris, University of Toronto, University of Edinburgh and others. A significant proportion of them have received high partial or full scholarships from these institutions.
The Enko group currently comprises 8 schools, located in Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Mozambique and South Africa, with the ambition to run 40-50 international schools across Africa by 2022. It is funded by Proparco (the French Development Agency), the private equity fund “Investisseurs & Partenaires” and the asset management company LiquidAfrica Holding.
■ The Assistant School Launcher will fully support the School Launcher to manage the opening of one of our schools. Both are the first persons from the Enko team to arrive in a country before launching a school. The main responsibility of the Assistant School Launcher will be to assist the School Launcher to lead all the operations on the ground before the Head of School arrival and until the school opening.
■ Tasks of the Assistant School Launcher will include:
– Gathering the necessary documents to incorporate Enko Subsidiary and open bank account
– Contacting real estate agencies and contractors to find and upgrade infrastructure
– Gathering the necessary documents to get the license from government to operate
– Sourcing school equipment (school furniture, teaching resources, stationeries, etc.), and school services (internet, phone, transport, insurance, security, etc.)
– Assisting the School Launcher in recruiting support team
– Preparing arrival of the HoS
– Benchmarking and contacting primary schools
– Defining and implementing marketing strategies to recruit parents and students
– Contributing to the enrolment process from first contact to admission and enrolment
– Assisting the School Launcher in organizing marketing events (visits of school premises, info-session, cocktail)
Launching a school is like launching a start-up: constant enthusiasm, can-do attitude, ability to adapt to the daily unexpected events are absolutely required. We are looking for a well-rounded candidate, able to support the School Launcher from start to end. No specific previous experience in education required, however, prior work experience in Africa is an important asset.
Ideal characteristics are:
■ Entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on attitude;
■ Must be self-motivated, proactive and must take initiatives;
■ Has organizational skills and capacity to meet deadlines
■ Is willing to work in a startup environment where priority can change from day to day
■ Has good oral and written communication and presentation skills
■ Is humble, seeking out feedback, internalizing it, and using it to self-improve
■ Has the ability to interact with people from different backgrounds and cultures
■ Professional working proficiency in English and French
■ Proficiency with Excel and Power Point;
■ Preference for candidate that demonstrates passion and has previous working experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
TIMING AND LOCATION
Timing: The successful candidate should start as soon as possible for a 6 months internship, although flexibility in the start date and duration can be discussed.
How to ApplyApply online by visiting and submitting your application online on the following link> https://enkoeducation.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=46
374 total views, 2 today