Full-Time Public Health Administrative Management Assistant
The U.S. Mission in Zambia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Public Health Administrative Management Assistant (Workforce Development Assistant) with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
This position is located in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Office, Management and Operations Branch and is under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director for Management and Operations. Job holder is the in-house expert on agency human resources issues, and performs the full functions of the job. An Equal Opportunity Employer range of personnel functions related to CDC staffing planning, training, development and dissemination of information specific to CDC employees. In addition, job holder coordinates with embassy/HR to ensure that CDC employees understand Mission-wide regulations, polices and guidance related to job classification, recruitment, performance management and discipline for LE Staff employees.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Either, Bachelor’s degree in Public/Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Social Sciences, Counseling or Education and five years of prior work experience in workforce planning and development, career counseling, training, and/or human resources management is required;
Two years’ college or university studies plus seven years’ work experience in workforce planning and development, career counseling, training, and/or human resources management is required.
2. LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) in English, (speaking, writing and reading) and one dominant local
language is required. (English language proficiency will be tested).
3. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Thorough knowledge of CDC’s strategic goals and objectives, including knowledge of issues, policies and initiatives related to workforce planning is required. Detailed knowledge of HR systems, structures and practices is also required. Knowledge of education, training and work development opportunities, locally as well as internationally is required.
4. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Excellent written, verbal, presentation and facilitation skills are required to communicate effectively with small and large groups of diverse audiences are required. Excellent computer skills are required to utilize current technologies and keep informed of changing technology; intermediate keyboard skills (speed and accuracy) are also required.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a background security clearance
How to ApplyApplicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- 1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and
- 2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g.transcripts, degrees, etc.)
128 total views, 2 today