Full-Time Sourcing Specialist
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Sourcing Specialist
Reporting to the Procurement Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting the Coordinator in meeting the aims and goals of the contracts section by ensuring adherence to LMC’s contract management processes. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
· Sourcing of stock and direct charge items
· Engage in and maintain sound relationships with Suppliers and Customers
· Administration of the purchasing system
· Obtain quotes for standard stock and direct purchase items as required.
· Prepare comprehensive price adjudications for standard stock and direct purchase items.
· Ensure purchasing policy and procedures are adhered to.
· Ensure sourcing, obtaining quotes and adjudication is processed within the stipulated time frame.
· Clarify purchase requests with originators if necessary to ensure requirements are adequately described and the correct specifications are obtained.
· Obtain savings through supplier negotiations.
· Ensure best value for money is achieved in all sourcing activities
· Conduct supplier rationalisation, product consolidation and variety reduction and record saving achieved as a result.
· Abide by sound ethical standards in day to day activities and report any deviations to supervisor
· Continuously seek opportunities for improvement in the supply chain i.e. lead times, pricing & contracts
· Communicate with end users on purchase queries and provide advice where possible.
· Continuously conduct market research and periodically report deliverables of the sourcing activities.
· Ensure that all data and correspondence are filed correctly and update the system accordingly.
· Ensure that the stock outs are minimised and strive to have on time and in full deliveries for all purchases.
· Manage critical, urgent and high spend tasks effectively.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply, Graduate Diploma in CIPS or equivalent
· Engineering qualification will be an added advantage
· Significant 4 years’ experience in procurement, preferable in the mining environment
· Have an in depth knowledge and understanding of international procurement processes
· An understanding of the relationship between purchasing, warehouse and inventory
· Must be computer literate with exposure to ERP Systems preferably Pronto.
· Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications
· Must be a Member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks
How to ApplyGo to our website to apply: https://jobs.barrick.com/jobs/sourcing-specialist-1584
381 total views, 4 today